Sustainability is important to Growers Express. We work hard every day to provide our customers with premium quality fresh vegetables that are grown with minimal environmental impact. We are committed to reducing waste, limiting the use of precious resources, and fostering a culture of sustainability in all areas of our business–all of which continue to reduce our carbon footprint.
Growing Practices & Food Safety
- Strict Standards — All our operations adhere to very stringent Green Giant™ Fresh standards and practices, which is run in collaboration with B&G Foods–the owner of the consumer-regarded Green Giant® brand
- Traceability — 100% of our grown product is labeled with TrueTrac™ case identity labels according to Produce Traceability Initiative Best Practices
- Wherever possible our farmers use drip irrigation, which limits water use and controls excessive amounts of water used during the growing process
- In an effort to avoid wasted irrigation, soil mapping is conducted to identify water needs in growing areas
- Integrated Pest Management helps reduce chemical applications by using beneficial insects to control detrimental insects that cause damage to the crops
- Using disease-resistant and water-efficient seed varieties, performing regular soil sampling, and practicing crop rotations also helps minimize our environmental impact